During the last two weeks, I went to two different used book sales – one at a school in my area and the other at my local library. I wanted to make a quick post to show you all the books that I got for an amazing price!
Book Sale #1
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare – The reason I bought this because it’s really cool looking and I believe it’s quite old as well. I read this play back in school when I was around 15. I’m not sure if I’ll read it again anytime soon but I just couldn’t pass it up!
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – I don’t have any particular reason for picking this one up other than I’ve heard really good things about it. I don’t know when I’ll get around to reading it however.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – Again, I picked this one up because I’ve heard good things about it. Not sure when I’ll read it, but I’m looking forward to it!
- Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella – I bought this book because I’ve heard good things about the author. I read this book yesterday and it was a really fun, quick read! I gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts – I bought this book because I preferred the hardcover version to the mass market paperback version I’m borrowing from my mom. This is one of my mom’s favorite books so I’m looking forward to reading it!
Book Sale #2
Books I Bought:
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks – This is a book I already own and I’ve read before. However, the version I own was the mass market paperback. When I came across this hardcover version in almost perfect condition, I couldn’t pass it up!
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks – I’m pretty certain I’ve already read this book but I didn’t own it. That’s why I decided to get it!
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes – This is probably the book I was most excited to find. Both of the book sales I went to didn’t have a great YA selection (barely any at all). That’s why I was so shocked when I saw this book. This book has been on my TBR for quite some time. I can’t wait to read it!
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult – This is another book I’ve already read but didn’t own. I just had to get it!
All in all, I spent around $15 for 6 hardcovers and 3 paperbacks. I’m extremely happy with this! Do you like going to used book sales / used bookstores? What is the best deal you’ve ever gotten? Let me know down below!