Thank you so much to The Amazing Life of a Bookworm for nominating me for the Liebster award! I’m so happy and honored that you enjoy my blog enough to nominate me for this award.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think deserve the award
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
1. Who is your favorite male character and your favorite female character? Why?
I can’t just pick one male and one female character, I love too many! I’ll have to say pretty much any of the characters from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series / the Heroes of Olympus series. They both have an amazing cast of characters!
2. What is your favorite book? Explain why and include your favorite quote from the book.
There’s NO way I’ll be able to pick just one book to call my favorite. However, I’ll give you one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite book series:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
3. At what age did you start reading?
I was very young when I started reading. My best guess would be somewhere around 6. I remember the moment I finished reading my first book all by myself, Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Ham. After finishing, I proceeded to run around the house telling everyone I could. I was so happy and proud of myself – and I couldn’t wait to read more!
4. What is your favorite movie?
I don’t really have a favorite movie, actually.
5. If you could choose between becoming a character you love but living in this world or going to the world your favorite character lives in but you continue being you, what would you choose?
This is a really interesting question! I’m going to go with the predictable answer and say I would like to continue being me and go into the world that Harry Potter lives in. I would love to go to Hogwarts and have magic and all the wonderful things that come with it!
6. What or who inspired you to create your blog?
I can’t remember anyone or anything that specifically inspired me. I just thought that blogging looked a lot of fun and I wanted to give it a try!
7. If you could choose to become a mythical creature, what would you choose?
I’m going to have to go with a phoenix. Their tears have magical healing powers and they get reborn from their ashes. How cool is that?!
8. Do you have any hobbies other than reading?
Reading is definitely my main hobby; I don’t really have any others!
9. Do you play any instruments? If no, then what instruments do you want to learn to play?
No, I don’t. I tried to play the viola in my elementary school orchestra but that only lasted for about a year and a half. I think it would be cool to learn to play the piano!
10. What are three things you couldn’t live without? (Water, food, oxygen, etc don’t count)
This is easy. My family, my pets, and (obviously) books.
11. What author do you wish you could meet and why?
I actually did a post on this for a Top Ten Tuesday topic. Since I can’t pick just one, go check out the post!
The blogs I nominate are:
- Hadjar @ Many Reads
- Logan @ The Book Elves
- Reisa @ Re’isa al Ghul
- Analee @ Book Snacks
- Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
- Clare @ Stacks and Shelves
- Josie @ Josie’s Book Corner
- Erika @ Erika in Bookventureland
- Beatrice @ Beatrice Learns To Read
- Overflowing Bookshelves
- Michaela @ floralinkbooks
Here are your questions:
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Do you still want to be that?
- Do you have any pets? If yes, what kind of animal are they/what are their names? (Include pictures if you’d like!) If no, what kind of pet do you wish you could have? What would their name be?
- Do you prefer to buy books, borrow books from your local library, or both? Explain why.
- If you had to stop reading one specific genre for the rest of your life, which genre would it be?
- What languages are you fluent in? What languages would you like to learn?
- Name three of your all time favorite book boyfriends/girlfriends. Now choose one to kiss, one to marry, and one to push off a cliff.
- If you had to change your name, would you want to? What would you change it to?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- Name three of your all time favorite books. Now choose one to burn, one to rewrite, and one to reread.
- What is a book that has been sitting on your shelf forever, but you haven’t read yet?
- What is a book or book series that everyone loves, except you?
To those I nominated, please leave the link to your answers in the comments below (if you decide to answer them). I would love to see your responses!