From Monday, August 3rd to Sunday, August 9th I participated in Booktube-A-Thon – a week long read-a-thon hosted by Ariel Bissett on Youtube. I had such a fun time reading and also participating in the sprints that were being held by the various hosts on Twitter. Even though I didn’t complete all the challenges, I am still super happy with what I managed to read during the week! I’ll definitely be participating in Booktube-A-Thon the next time it’s being held!
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle – 2/5 stars
- El Deafo by Cece Bell – 3.5/5 stars
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson – 4.5/5 stars
- Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan – 4/5 stars
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks – 3/5 stars
I’m so proud of myself for finishing 5 books in one week!! Usually it’s a miracle if I’m able to complete 3. My favorite book of these 5 would have to be The Heart of Betrayal. It was such a fantastic sequel and, in my opinion, even better than the first book. My least favorite book I read was A Study in Scarlet. I used it for the challenge “finish a book without letting go of it” and since it was only 115 pages, I thought it’d be a breeze. However, the font size was tiny and it ended up taking me forever to finish it. I had to eat, drink, and even use the bathroom while holding on to the book! Not a very fun time.
Total Read: 5 books / 1,446 pages
- Read a book with blue on the cover – Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
- Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name – A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Read someone else’s favorite book – The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
- Read the last book you acquired – El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Finish a book without letting go of it – A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Read a book you really want to read – The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
I’m so proud of myself for completing 6 of the 7 challenges!! The only one I didn’t do was to read 7 books because there was no way that was going to happen.
Instead of including my daily updates in my wrap up, I created a separate post dedicated to them. If you’re interested, check them out by clicking here.
If you participated in Booktube-A-Thon, how did you do? Did you complete all the challenges? Let me know in the comments or link me to your wrap up!