- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan – 67% finished
I’m more than halfway finished with The Red Pyramid and I’m really liking it! I’m enjoying learning more about Egyptian mythology since my knowledge of it beforehand was pretty much nonexistent. Just like all of Rick’s books, this book is full of fun and adventure. I’m looking forward to seeing how it ends!
- The Copper Gauntlet by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare – 3.5 stars
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness – 3.5 stars
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – 4 stars
The Copper Gauntlet (the second book in the Magisterium series) seemed really short and didn’t have a lot going on. I still enjoyed reading it but I wasn’t able to give it a high rating. The Rest of Us Just Live Here was a book I’ve been anticipating since earlier on this year. Unfortunately, I hyped it up in my head too much and wasn’t able to enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It was still good, but definitely not as good as his other books that I’ve read. Everything, Everything was a book that I quickly read in one day. I loved the different illustrations throughout the book as well as the story itself. There was a twist towards the end that I wasn’t expecting, which made the book even better!
- The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
- The Serpent’s Shadow by Rick Riordan
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Since I’m enjoying the first book in the Kane Chronicles so much, I’m very much looking forward to continuing on with the next two books in the series! After that, I want to read Rick’s new book The Sword of Summer. It looks like I’m having a Rick Riordan marathon this month!
What are you currently reading and what do you plan on reading next? Let me know in the comments or link me to your WWW Wednesday post!