I first saw this tag being done by Josie @ Josie’s Book Corner and I thought it looked like tons of fun! Instead of tagging particular bloggers, Josie tagged anyone that was reading her post. Therefore, I guess I’m sort of tagged?
How It Works:
Select 5 books (either randomly or your choice) then answer the 10 questions. Questions 1 and 2 correspond to book one, questions 3 and 4 correspond to book two, and so on. Let’s get started!
Book One: Illuminae
1. Open book 1 to a random page and look at the first word on that page. If the word is less than 5 letters long, you’ll go to college. If it’s more than 5 letters, you won’t be going to college.
The first word on the random page was “intersections,” which is definitely more than 5 letters. Looks like I won’t be going to college!
(Even though I’m actually in college now…)
2. After opening book 1 to a random page, use the first name you see and think of what their job is. That will now be your future job. If the person is still in school, you’ll be a teacher. If you don’t know the person’s job, you’ll be unemployed.
The name I saw was Ezra Mason who used to just be a high school student but then got recruited into the military after the planet he lives on was attacked. So I’m either going to be a soldier or a teacher? I’m definitely going with a teacher since I’m pretty sure I’d do terrible in the military.
Book Two: Shatter Me
3. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be the person you marry.
The first name I saw was Adam. Nooo!! I was hoping for literally anyone but Adam when I opened the book. Adam isn’t as annoying in the first book as he is in the last so if I’m marrying first book Adam, I guess I’ll survive.
4. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be your best friend.
The first name I saw was Warner. Of course I couldn’t see his name first in question #3! While being only friends with Warner isn’t ideal, I’m definitely still excited that he’s still in my life.
Book Three: The Red Pyramid
5. Open book 3 to a random page and look at the second word on that page. Count how many letters that word has and then subtract that number by 2. This number will be how many children you have.
The second word on the page was “rib” meaning I’ll only be having one child. Considering I have to have this child with Adam, one is fine with me!
6. Open the book to a random page. The first name you see will be your child. If you have more than one child, repeat this process for each one.
The first name I saw was Sadie, so that means Sadie Kane is going to be my daughter. Considering the amount of evil gods/goddesses in this book, I’m very lucky I got Sadie!
Book Four: Cinder
7. The setting of the book will be the place where you live. That being said, where do you live?
Cinder takes place in a futuristic version of Bejing, China called New Beijing so that’s where Adam, Sadie, and I will be living!
8. Open book 4 to a random place. After selecting the first name you see, think of the way this character gets around (car, bike, etc). This will be your future mode of transportation. Teleporting, broom, etc. are allowed. If your character has no means of transportation that you know of, you will be using public transportation.
The first name I came across was Cinder and she travels in various ways but I decided to go with the coolest mode of transportation – Captain Thorne’s spaceship. It would be so awesome traveling everywhere in that thing! (Note: I realized afterwards that Cinder doesn’t actually travel in the spaceship in this book of the series, but I’ve decided to keep my answer)
Book Five: Falling Kingdoms
9. Does this book have any animals in it? Pick your favorite animal and that will be your pet. If there are no animals in the book, you will have no pet.
The only animal I could think of that was in this book is Lucia’s rabbit. I’m pretty certain it was this book in the series that she had the rabbit, but I could be wrong.
10. Open book 5 to a random page. The first name you see will be your enemy.
The first name I saw was Magnus. Dang it! I was hoping for King Gaius or Aron, since those two are really easy to hate. While Magnus makes some questionable choices, I still really like him. I’m bummed that he’s going to have to be my enemy!
Synopsis of My Future:
After not attending college, I miraculously still get offered a wonderful teaching position in New Beijing, China where I meet my husband-to-be, Adam Kent. After getting married, Adam and I have a baby girl, Sadie, and later adopt a pet rabbit for her to play with. When I’m not working or spending time with my family, I hang out with my best friend Aaron Warner in Captain Thorne’s spaceship
(that we totally didn’t steal). While with Warner, I enjoy complaining about the two most annoying men in my life: my husband Adam and my enemy Magnus Damora.
I had a lot of fun with this tag! To spread the joy, I want to tag ALL OF YOU to take part! Make a post participating in the tag and leave the link below. I would love to see how your futures turn out!