Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine where you share your most anticipated releases, one book at a time. I haven’t participated in this meme for a couple of months so I thought it was about time I made a post!
A Tyranny of Petticoats by Various authors
Publication Date: March 8, 2016
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Genre: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Fantasy
Synopsis: From an impressive sisterhood of YA writers comes an edge-of-your-seat anthology of historical fiction and fantasy featuring a diverse array of daring heroines.
Criss-cross America — on dogsleds and ships, stagecoaches and trains — from pirate ships off the coast of the Carolinas to the peace, love, and protests of 1960s Chicago. Join fifteen of today’s most talented writers of young adult literature on a thrill ride through history with American girls charting their own course. They are monsters and mediums, bodyguards and barkeeps, screenwriters and schoolteachers, heiresses and hobos. They’re making their own way in often-hostile lands, using every weapon in their arsenals, facing down murderers and marriage proposals. And they all have a story to tell.
With stories by:
- Marissa Meyer (Author of The Lunar Chronicles)
- Beth Revis (Author of the Across the Universe series)
- Marie Lu (Author of the Legend trilogy & The Young Elites trilogy)
- Robin Talley (Author of Lies We Tell Ourselves)
- Leslye Walton (Author of The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender)
- Elizabeth Wein (Author of the Code Name Verity duology)
- Lindsay Smith (Author of the Sekret duology & Dreamstrider)
- Jessica Spotswood (Author of The Cahill Witch Chronicles)
- J. Anderson Coats (Author of The Wicked and the Just)
- Andrea Cremer (Author of the Nightshade series)
- Y. S. Lee (Author of The Agency series)
- Katherine Longshore (Author of Gilt, Tarnish, & Brazen)
- Kekla Magoon (Author of The Rock and the River duology)
- Saundra Mitchell (Author of The Vespertine trilogy)
- Caroline Richmond (Debut YA author)
Why I’m Excited
I came across this book on Goodreads the other week accidentally. I was looking at a different 2016 release when I saw this in the suggestions. The cover really intrigued me so I had to find out more. I’m so glad I did!
I haven’t read many anthologies (I think only 2) and none of them have absolutely blown me away. However, since this anthology is a combination of fantasy and historical fiction with tons of girl power, I think I’ll really love it! I’m most looking forward to reading the stories by Marissa Meyer, Beth Revis, Robin Talley, and Marie Lu. I’m definitely very interested in reading the others’ stories as well because I haven’t read any of their books before. It’ll be great to discover new authors!
Also, I HAVE to mention that tagline – “15 stories of belles, bank robbers & other badass girls.” I mean, what’s better than that?!
Is A Tyranny of Petticoats on your TBR? Let me know below if you’re as excited about this book as I am!