Happy New Year everyone!! I can’t believe it’s 2016 already! To kick off the new year, I’m going to be doing the 2015 End of Year Survey created by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner. I had wanted this survey to be my last post of 2015, but I ran out of time since it’s quite lengthy. I hope you enjoy it!
Number Of Books You Read: 100
Number of Re-Reads: 14
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
There’s no way I can pick just one book for this question! Check out my post talking about my top 10 favorite books of the year HERE.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Nimona was the first graphic novel that I really enjoyed. Before reading it, I had only read maybe 1 or 2 graphic novels that I only kind of liked. It was a really nice surprise that I liked Nimona as much as I did! I’m definitely looking forward to reading more graphic novels now.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I don’t really have an answer for this one, since none of the books I tried to “push” actually resulted in that person reading it.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best series starter goes to Six of Crows, even though I loved so many series starters this year!
Best sequel goes to Gathering Darkness since I absolutely loved that book. It’s definitely the best in the Falling Kingdoms series so far! (I haven’t read Frozen Tides yet.)
I think Winter was the only series ender that I read in 2015! That being said, it was fantastic and I’m so sad to see the series end!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
I’m picking a new-to-me author for this one. Rick Riordan has quickly become one of my favorite authors this year! I ended up reading a total of 13 books of his! I’m looking forward to reading more of his books in 2016 and for years to come.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
All three of these books are historical fiction novels, which I don’t read a lot of! I really enjoyed all of them so I’m definitely planning on reading more historical fiction in the future.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Once I got to a certain point in this book, I just couldn’t put it down! It was so intense and I just had to know how it was going to end.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I might be doing a post on this topic since I have a lot of books I want to reread in 2016! These two in particular are definitely high on my list.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
This is only one of my favorite covers this year! For a full list, check out my Top 10 of 2015 post HERE.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
There are SO many characters I could put for this question!! However, I think I’ll have to go with Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the Heroes of Olympus series. I met him for the first time this year and I love him so much!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
I just couldn’t pick one for this question! Both of these books were so wonderfully written!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
I can’t believe it took me this long to read these two series (or anything by Rick Riordan for that matter). They were both so good and I’m so glad I was finally able to read them!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I’m terrible at taking note of quotes I like from books. This is something I hope to change in the new year!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: Very Good Lives – 75 pages / Longest: Winter – 823 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
That plot twist towards the end was CRAZY!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Just one?! I can’t do that. My OTPs of the year: Cress & Thorne and Cinder & Kai from the Lunar Chronicles, Kaz & Inej from Six of Crows, Percy & Annabeth from PJO and Heroes of Olympus, and Simon & Blue from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Cinder, Thorne & Iko from the Lunar Chronicles for sure! I love their friendships so much.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Both of these books I probably wouldn’t have read if it weren’t for the peer pressure! I ended up not really liking Fangirl, but City of Bones was pretty good.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
There are so many new fictional crushes I’ve made this year! I did a whole post on this topic – feel free to check it out HERE.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I know that I keep giving this book as an answer, but I just loved this world so much!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
This is another book I keep answering with, oops! This book was just SO adorable – I had a giant smile on my face by the end.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I don’t normally cry while reading books but these two definitely made me tear up! The first book had a death of an animal (those always get to me) and the second book had a character death.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad
I didn’t like this book at all. The plot was non-existent and the characters were either annoying or boring.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Since this was my first year as a blogger, I’ve discovered so many amazing blogs. I’m not going to name any specific blogs or else I would be here all day!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I didn’t write that many reviews this year (boo!) but my favorite would have to be the one for An Ember in the Ashes.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Discussion posts are another thing I hope to do more of in the new year. Looking back at my blog posts of the year, I participated in a lot of memes, tags, and posted wrap ups but I didn’t do many discussion posts.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
For virtual events, I really loved participating in the three read-a-thons I did this year: Bout of Books, #TBRTakedown, and Booktube-A-Thon. In addition, I had a lot of fun paricipating in the Top 10 of 2015 event in December. As for non-virtual events, I went to my first book signing in November and met my first three authors: Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff, and Claire Legrand!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
My best moment was probably when I created my blog! It’s been so much fun blogging this year and I’m so glad I decided to do it!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I definitely think balancing school and reading/blogging was the biggest challenge of the year. This was my first semester of college so it was quite difficult making time for both things!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My post One Lovely Blog Award had the most views this year. Check it out if you want to see an adorable picture of my cats!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Probably my “Happy Book Birthday To…” posts. I really enjoy making these posts and I’ll definitely be making more in 2016!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I can’t think of an answer for this one! I don’t think I found any new bookish websites or stores this year.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes I did! I completed my Goodreads reading challenge by reading 100 books!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Since there are A LOT of books I wish I had read in 2015, it was really tough to only pick one. I decided to go with Heir of Fire since I actually got this book for Christmas in 2014. I really need to read it!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
I can’t wait for both of these!!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
There are so many 2016 debuts that I’m excited for! These are only a handful.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Also Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) and Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I really, really hope to write more reviews in 2016. I told myself I would write more reviews in 2015, but that didn’t really work out. This year I’m determined to write more!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven’t read any 2016 releases yet.
How was your 2015 in terms of reading and/or blogging? If you participated in the End of Year Survey, leave your link below!