Hi everyone! I can’t believe June is already over and it’s time for another monthly wrap up! This past month was a pretty decent reading month for me. I ended up completing 7 books and reading a total of 2,987 pages. (This page count includes the books I DNF’d, put on hold, and started but didn’t finish.)
Books Read in June
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo – 3 stars
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – 4 stars
- With Malice by Eileen Cook – 3.5 stars
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson – 4 stars
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio – 3.5 stars
- The Darkest Lie by Pintip Dunn – 3 stars
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – 4 stars
In June, I read a handful of decent books and some really good ones as well. My favorites would have to be the ones I rated 4 stars – Wolf by Wolf, Walk on Earth a Stranger, and Stalking Jack the Ripper. Wolf by Wolf had an amazing plot and I’m really looking forward to seeing what happens in the conclusion to the duology! Walk on Earth a Stranger was more of a slow burn kind of book, but I really enjoyed it and was never bored. Again, I’m looking forward to what happens next in the series. Stalking Jack the Ripper had amazing writing, a fantastic main character, and a super interesting plot. I’m so glad I was able to read this one early!
Books I DNF’d
- The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti – DNF at 18%
- Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins – DNF at 58%
I got The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett as an ARC at B-Fest and unfortunately, it wasn’t for me. I read 70 pages before deciding to put it down. As for Summer Days & Summer Nights, I read a lot more before deciding to DNF. I kept hoping it would get better and when it didn’t significantly improve, I had to DNF. I’m disappointed because I was really anticipating this book!
Book I Put On Hold
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas – Read 100 pages
I was having trouble getting into this book and it actually put me into a bit of a reading slump. I decided to put it on hold for now, but if I can’t get into it the next time I pick it up, I’ll have to DNF!
Book I Started But Didn’t Finish in June
- A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes – Read 265 pages
I started rereading this book towards the end of the month but was unfortunately unable to finish it before June ended. I ended up completing it around 2 am on July 1st!
Reading Challenge Progress
This year I’m participating in 5 reading challenges! To track my progress, I have a page on my blog but I would also like to share my progress with you all. That being said, my monthly wrap ups will all include updates on my progress. For more information on the reading challenges mentioned below, click here.
1. Goodreads Reading Challenge
My Goal: 70 books
Completed in June: 7
Total for 2016: 46
2. Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge
Goal of the Challenge: To read a book starting with each letter of the alphabet (“The” can be skipped; the first word after that will be counted)
Completed in June: 0 letters
Total for 2016: 17 letters
3. Full House Reading Challenge
Goal of the Challenge: To read a book for each of the prompts found here
Completed in June: 0 prompts
Total for 2016: 18 prompts
4. I Love Libraries Reading Challenge
My Goal: Read 36 books from the library
Completed in June: 4 books
Total for 2016: 18 books
5. Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge
My Goal: Read 40 fantasy books
Completed in June: 3 books
Total for 2016: 15 books
How did your reading go in the month of June? Did we read any of the same books? Let me know below and/or link me to your June wrap up!