Hi everyone! Welcome to September. I don’t know about you all, but I’m so excited fall is almost here! Fall is my absolute favorite season and I can’t wait for the cooler weather and being able to wear sweaters and boots all the time!
I’m so sorry I haven’t been as active on my blog lately. I’m going to try to work harder at getting back into the swing of blogging. Fortunately, however, I was really in the reading mood these past two months! In July I was able to finish 6 books and a total of 2,166 pages (which includes the pages I read of the books I DNF’d and started but didn’t finish). And in August I was able to finish a whopping 10 books and a total of 3,825 pages (which includes the pages I read of the book I put on hold). I’m so pleasantly surprised that I was able to read that much!! Hopefully I’ll continue to read a lot in the months to come.
Books Read in July
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson – 3.25 stars
- All the Rage by Courtney Summers – 2.5 stars
- The Summer of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding – 4 stars
- Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts – 4 stars
- Pointe by Brandy Colbert – 3.5 stars
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows – 4 stars
Book I DNF’d in July
- Tradition by Brendan Kiely – DNF at 44%
I DNF’d this book because I just couldn’t connect with it and I didn’t really have much interest in continuing it. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad book – it just wasn’t for me.
Book I Started But Didn’t Finish in July
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand
I was only able to read 35 pages of this book before July ended because I started it on the last day of the month. But keep scrolling and you’ll see it featured below!
Books Read in August
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand – 3.75 stars
- From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon – 3.75 stars
- Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson – 2.5 stars
- The Last Place You Look by Kristen Lepionka – 3.5 stars
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (reread) – 4 stars
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (reread) – 4 stars
- Ivy Aberdeen’s Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake – 4 stars
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson – 4 stars
Book I Put On Hold in August
- Unbroken edited by Marieke Nijkamp – Put on hold at 40%
I read just over 120 pages of this anthology but I wasn’t super invested in it so I decided to put it on hold. I definitely plan on picking it back up sometime in the near future!
Reading Challenge Progress
This year I’m participating in four reading challenges! To track my progress, I have a page on my blog but I would also like to share monthly progress updates with you all. That being said, each monthly wrap up post will include updates on my progress in the four reading challenges I signed up for. For more information on the reading challenges mentioned below, click here.
1. Goodreads Reading Challenge
My Goal: Read 50 books (COMPLETED IN AUGUST!)
Completed in July: 6 books
Completed in August: 10 books
Completed in 2018: 53 books
2. Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge
My Goal: Read 18 backlist books (COMPLETED!)
Completed in July: 3 books
Completed in August: 4 books
Completed in 2018: 30 books
3. Library Love Challenge
My Goal: Read 36 library books (COMPLETED IN AUGUST!)
Completed in July: 5 books
Completed in August: 6 books
Completed in 2018: 41 books
4. Brooke’s Books Reading Challenge
My Goal: Complete all 30 prompts
Completed in July: 1 prompt
Completed in August: 1 prompt
Completed in 2018: 27 prompts
- Read a book that’s been on your shelves for 2+ years
- Read a book you bought or received in 2018
Have you been able to read a lot in the last two months? Let me know down in the comments and/or link me to your wrap up post! I’d love to find out what you’ve read!